Sunday, October 21, 2012

Usherhouse: Molting / Flux (320kbps)

Usherhouse formed in Chicago in 1993.  There's a few things written out there on the web about how they sounded "like Bauhaus but with a harder guitar riffs."  That's just not correct at all.  This is a straight blend of music that can that can truly be classified as 'Goth-Rock.'  The band's manager Jerry Thompson worked closely with the band and put out these two albums originally on Caroline Records, but the two CD's I have were released on the Cleopatra label.  I don't know if there's any demos or live show recordings floating out there, but I'd like to hear them!  As it stands, all I can find are these two releases.  Great tribal-style drumming and unusual guitar noises are mixed seamlessly to create some very danceable music.  The lineup seams to have pared down from 5 members on the Molting album to only 3 on Flux; there were two people on the first record that both sang and played guitar, and the keyboardist does not appear on the second record at all.  If anyone has more info on the band, let me know- until then, leave comments and enjoy Usherhouse!!!

U-M-F

Molting Tracklisting:

1. Body Politic
2. Surrender Down
3. Avalanche
4. Mind Enemy Mind
5. The Line
6. Caeser's Falling
7. Permanent Red
8. Second Skin
9. Real Horror Show
10. Final Man
11. Monkey Strange

Flux Tracklisting:

1. Flux I
2. Motherland
3. Catalyst
4. Glory
5. Legacy
6. November Dream
7. The Line
8. Deceit
9. Flux II

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not leave a great deal of comments, but i did a few searching and wound up here "Usherhouse: Molting / Flux (320kbps)".
And I actually do have a few questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be just me or does it look as if like a few of the responses look like they are coming from brain dead visitors?
:-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I'd like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Would you list of every one of all your community pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
Feel free to surf my web-site :: Hobby